WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager- New England - West
Regular / Permanent
Who we are?
With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
Who are we looking for?
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Safety, environmental engineering, or equivalent
· Certified Safety Engineer (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or the ability and willingness to obtain these certification desired.
Work Experience Needed:
· 5-7 years of related experience in EH&S compliance.
· Work experience in water and wastewater industry, laboratory or other utility industry
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Strong organizational, oral, written and interpersonal skills;
- Strong writing, coaching, and teaching skills;
- Ability to balance changing and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ability to self-organize & prioritize and drive own work schedule.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the Region and Division;
- Proficient knowledge of MicroSoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Maintain specialized knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and industry consensus safety and environmental guidelines; and
- Willingness and ability to work in the field and with field staff evaluating, coaching and supporting safety and environmental compliance extensively (70%).
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (50-75%);
- Willingness to be on call (24/7) to respond to & assist with injury and/or environmental emergencies;
- Willingness to work extended work schedules (as needed) to accomplish Region’s needs and objectives.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
- Conducts risk assessments, develops, implements, and manages EHS risk reduction plans;
- Develops and implements EHS program elements including coaching and supporting efforts to improve supervisor and employee behaviors;
- Manages and conducts EHS audits and worksite inspections;
- Monitors, tracks training compliance and provide reports to operational management;
- Develops EHS training resources and provides field coaching and training;
- Develops and implements behavioral based safety program including both conventional behavioral observation and unique implementation suited for specific project needs;
- Manages and assists with incident investigations and reports including coordinator with workers’ compensation coordinators;
- Serves as a mentor/resource for Site Safety Coordinators;
- Assist in review, update, and development of corporate EHS standards, policies, and procedures;
- Support and coordinate implementation of EHS policies and procedures;
- Provide EHS due diligence for new business & conducts the EHS support and integration for new Project Start-Ups;
- Assist in compliance with environmental regulations and H&S regulations, including LOTO, JSA, Confined Space, ERP, PSM/RMP, Waste Management, etc.;
- Monitors upcoming EHS regulations and requirements, industry consensus standards and statistics and prepares for incorporation into region programs;
- Monitor and maintain EHS data, review OSHA logs, and provide periodic EHS reports;
- Coordinates industrial hygiene support to protect employee’s health;
- Assists in the development of Project EHS budgets and Project EHS goal setting.
What will you be doing?
The incumbent will be responsible for developing
implementing and managing environment, health and safety, and industrial risk
programs in the New England Region - West which will allow management to
monitor, verify, and strengthen compliance with safety and environmental regulations. Under limited direction, evaluate, plan,
organize, coordinate and implement the environmental compliance, health and
safety programs for the assigned Region; take action to ensure compliance with federal
and state safety, health and environmental regulations and requirements; advise
managers on safe work methods and practices and the elimination of hazardous
conditions and environmental hazards; investigates accidents, near misses, and
chemical release and environmental compliance incidents, and manage the necessary
reporting to ensure proper reporting both internally and to external regulatory
agencies. Interface with corporate EHS team to implement corporate initiatives
at the region and project level.
Serve as the Regional contact for the Environmental
Compliance Assurance Program (ECAP), Health and Safety Program, Emergency
Response Plan and other activities.
The role will require field presence including the
oversight, operational support and coordination of all EHS programs, working
with corporate team to improve the effectiveness of our EHS activities and provide
training to develop and strengthen all staffs knowledge and field execution of
safe work and environmental practices. It will also carry responsibility to conduct investigations and develop
/ implement remedial programs, where necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.